How can PSA’s Rotor Transition Program benefit you?
PSA Airlines is hiring pilots and realizes the unique skillset and flight leadership that you as a military pilot can bring.
Most military rotor pilots qualify for the FAA’s lowest minimum restricted ATP. Although many of you have the 750 hour total time, you fall short of the 250 hour fixed wing PIC requirement or 25 hour multi engine requirement. PSA is partnering with VA approved SkyWarrior part 141 flight school and will contribute up to $23,000 towards your flight time requirements in order to achieve the R-ATP.
What makes PSA’s Rotor Transition Program (RTP) different from other airlines?
Flexible – You have the choice on how you want to fund getting your flight hours, no GI bill use required. Plus you can build hours on your time, as long as you complete in 3 months.
Affordable – Partnering with SkyWarrior allows us to offer you the most competitive price per flight hour in an affordable location, Pensacola, FL.
The PSA Difference
- Over $16,000 in sign-on bonuses paid immediately, if you choose, to help fund your flight time requirments
- $20,000 First Officer retention bonus after one-year anniversary
- $5,000 referral bonus (unlimited)
- $3,000 annual commuter allowance
- Reduced reserve time
- Domicile assignments awarded during training or shortly after (Dayton, Cincinnati, Charlotte, Knoxville, and Washington D.C.
- Flow through to American Airlines (within 6-7 years)
- Historically low time to upgrade to Captain (currently 2.2 years)
- Most flexible scheduling options in the regional business.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
- All Pilots are eligible for travel privileges on American Airlines.
- American Airlines Group (AAG) profit sharing.
Get Started Today
- After you’ve submitted an application, our recruiting team will review it in order to determine specific time requirements. Then we’ll contact you outlining a specific training plan and the cost associated through SkyWarrior.
- PSA will provide up to $23,000 towards your transition training. We’ll help you apply your $12,500 VA benefit. If you have already transferred your VA benefits to a dependent, we can still discuss an alternate cost structure.
- After you finish flying your specific times and you complete your Multi Engine Rating, PSA will fly you to our company headquarters in Dayton, OH to complete our Airline Transport Pilot Certification Training Program course. During your time at the ATP CTP course, PSA will provide lodging along with your classmates to ensure you have the best opportunity to successfully complete your training.
- With your ATP CTP course, you can now start our professional ground school.
- Have been honorably discharged or currently serving in a reserve or guard unit in the U.S. Armed Forces
- Graduated from a U.S. military undergraduate pilot training school and received a rating qualification as a military pilot.
- Valid passport
- Current FAA first class medical
- FCC Restricted Radio Operator’s Permit
- Will be able to request a VA Certificate of Eligibility via ebenifits.va.gov if you plan on accessing your GI bill
- Able to complete the necessary hours and qualifications under the military restricted ATP requirements within the next 3 months
How to Apply
To take the next step, please complete our Rotor Transition Program application. A PSA recruiter will be in contact with you soon after. If you have any questions prior to filling out our RTP application, you can speak with a specific RTP recruiter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We realize your sacrifice and thank you for your service. We look forward to working with you in starting your next career.