PSA, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines, the world’s largest carrier, is the fastest growing regional carrier under the American Eagle brand. Since 2014, PSA has doubled its size and will grow to operate 150 Bombardier CRJ aircraft over the next two years. With this immense amount of growth comes unparalleled opportunities for our new-hire pilots.
Perhaps the largest benefit to becoming a PSA pilot is where your career can take you from here. PSA is a part of American Airlines, which gives its pilots advancement opportunities few other regionals can match – the most significant being seniority-based flow through that creates a direct career path from PSA to American. This flow agreement provides a certain and valuable career path to the largest network carrier in the world with the most advanced fleet of aircraft. In 2016, PSA will flow 60 pilots to American all while growing our airline at the same time. As we continue to grow, so does our commitment to flow more pilots each month to American.
PSA’s bright and promising future offers even more comprehensive benefits to our new pilots, including:
- An up to $15,000 sign-on bonus. A $10,000 bonus, with an additional $5,000 available to pilots with 1,000 or more hours of Part 121 experience.
- Fast upgrade time and flow to American is estimated in just over six years.
- A current and growing fleet of 43 brand new CRJ-900 Next Generation aircraft, 26 CRJ-700 and 35 CRJ-200s deployed into regional and mid-sized communities in the American network.
- Our well-established pilot training cadre offers fully-subsidized ATP-CTP course certification enabling new pilots to immediately join the next First Officer class.
- With bases in CVG, DAY, TYS and the second largest hub in the American system, CLT, there are many quality, low cost of living opportunities to be based.
- The most flexible scheduling capabilities in the regional airline business.
- Reduced reserve time for first officers and captains.
And, as a part of the American family, employees have travel benefits on the largest network in the world covering five continents and more than 330 destinations. Traveling the world on your free time is a huge perk.
It’s a great time to join PSA to be part of an expanding carrier that plays a vital role for American today, tomorrow and into the future. Come join our team and watch your career take flight!